Teenagers taken ill after consuming candy shop cannabis


Thirteen teenagers became severely ill after consuming candy infused with a psychoactive compound, police say. An ambulance was called to a La Sainte Union Catholic School in Highgate after several students fell ill. Though none of the students were found to be ‘seriously unwell’ they were taken to hospital. It was confirmed that the students had eaten sweets laced with tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). This is a well-known cannabinoid found in cannabis. A statement from the Metropolitan Police service said: “Police were called by London Ambulance Service at around 11.45 am on Monday, 5 October, to reports of children feeling unwell having eaten what they believed to be sweets at a school in Highgate Road, NW5. RELATED ARTICLE: CBD vs THC – know the differences CONTINUE READING “As a precaution, 13 children have been taken to hospital. Their parents have been informed. Nobody is believed to be seriously unwell.” How the students came to ingest the THC is still under investigation. How wide is the problem The Extract has just completed an investigation into 60 High street products and run analysis of the actual cannabinoids including THC and CBD. Among the findings to be released next week it will show products remain…

Excerpt only …
Source : Cannabis.net
Link to original : Teenagers taken ill after consuming candy shop cannabis

reposted by Cannabis News World

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.