Bangkok Post Report: Cannabis clinics set to mushroom – currently 500 in operation

CANNANNEW REPORT

Since Thailand launched its first cannabis clinic in August 2019, the Public Health Ministry has opened over 500 more nationwide. They can be found in public hospitals in every province including 60% of public hospitals in 878 districts and several tambon or subdistrict healthcare centres. The facilities are overseen by the Ministry’s Department of Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine. “More than 40,000 patients have used cannabis to treat their respective illnesses. So far the results have been quite impressive,” Dr Kwanchai Wisitthanon, the department’s deputy director-general, told the Bangkok Post. These clinics offer patients two types of medical cannabis: oil extracted from the seeds, and traditional cannabis remedies that use various parts of the plant including the leaves, roots or flowers. Department records show that the health condition of 74% of patients improves after such treatment. “Our plan is to open more cannabis clinics to cover most of the tambons across the nation,” Dr Kwanchai said. Can you elaborate on the cannabis oil treatment available at these clinics? We offer cannabis oil to patients at no cost. Over the past two years, we have distributed more than 100,000 bottles of cannabis oil based on the formula of Daycha Oil (produced by traditional medical herbalist Daycha Siripatra, who also serves as chairman of the Khaokwan Foundation in Suphan Buri. He reportedly used cannabis oil to help treat his Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease when he was in the early stages of both almost a decade ago). “Our plan is to open more cannabis clinics to cover most tambons.” — Dr Kwanchai Wisitthanon, Deputy director-general of the deaprtment of Thai traditional and alternative medicine At present, we have three formulas of cannabis oil. The first is Daycha Oil. It has a mild concentration of 5% per 1 cubic centimetre (cc) while the other 95%…

Excerpt only …
READ MORE BELOW
Source : Bangkok Post Report: Cannabis clinics set to mushroom – currently 500 in operation

reposted by Cannabis News World

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.