Three-year-old, New Jersey boy hospitalized after ingesting weed edibles

Growth op

Two people face child endangerment charges following an incident in which a three-year-old boy had to be hospitalized after eating cannabis edibles that had been left in his home by his mother’s friend. New Jersey’s Division of Child Protection and Permanency contacted the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office regarding a child who was taken by ambulance to a Hackensack hospital after eating a cannabis edible and becoming lethargic and, ultimately, unresponsive. As of Dec. 28, the child was still in critical condition at Hackensack University Medical Center, notes a statement Monday from the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office . The incident occurred in the boy’s New Jersey home, where he lived with his mother, and the edibles had been brought to the residence by the mother’s friend, who was from New York state. After a COVID-19 food drive, donated cannabis ‘candy’ sent children to the hospital Mother charged after her two-year-old tested positive for cannabis B.C. man outraged after eight-year-old grandson wins pot products at youth hockey tournament Enjoli Camacho, the boy’s mother, and Darnell Jefferson each have been charged with endangering the welfare of a child and possession of narcotic paraphernalia. Camacho and Jefferson have since been released pending their first court appearance. Bergen County prosecutor Mark Musella emphasizes in the statement that the “charges are merely accusations and the defendants are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.” Just this summer, Health Canada issued an advisory to parents following a number of children being hospitalized after consuming edibles they thought were regular treats. The advisory emphasizes that any cannabis edibles in the home need to have childproof packaging and be stored in places not easily accessible to kids. “Consider storing cannabis products in a locked drawer or box, and separate from regular food or drinks,” the…

Excerpt only …
READ MORE BELOW
Source : Three-year-old, New Jersey boy hospitalized after ingesting weed edibles

reposted by Cannabis News World

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.