Several middle-school students in Adams County sickened by cannabis candy, officials say
Several middle school students in Adams County became ill Monday afternoon after taking marijuana-infused candies, school officials said. The incident happened at Adams City Middle School, 4451 E 72nd Ave., Commerce City, and an ambulance response was made to the school, said Jennifer Lindberg, assistant principal, in a statement to parents. Related Articles These 10 Colorado-made marijuana vape products might contain harmful additive MCT oil Cannabis giant Curaleaf to acquire Colorado edibles maker BlueKudu Colorado’s first licensed cannabis R&D firm to study marijuana’s effect on Alzheimer’s disease Rocky Ford officer accused of illegally confiscating marijuana is charged with distribution Bruni: The Democratic Party devours itself At about 2:15 p.m., several students reported feeling “nauseated and dizzy,” according to the statement, posted on Facebook. Emergency responders suspected that the students were sickened by marijuana-infused candy and several students reported to the school’s health clerk that they had ingested cannabis candy. Eight students were taken to a local hospital as a precautionary measure according to South Adams County Fire Department. “At this time, it is not known how many other students may have ingested the substance,” the statement said. “Accordingly, the students will only be released to parents at the end of the school day.” The incident is under investigation.
Excerpt only …
READ MORE BELOW
Source : Denver Post
Link to original : Several middle-school students in Adams County sickened by cannabis candy, officials say
reposted by Cannabis News World